Monday, November 11, 2013

How about a pick up for a second home? Yah , we pulled rv or recreational vehicle, but it's not ours  and we are not allowed to use it. Two years ago my husband decided to quit his 20 years bookkeeping sometimes assistant manager job in a grain elevator. He realized that he doesn't like to die sitting behind the table not seeing and reaching any place. We decided to buy a one ton dually pick up and started our own business. We landed pulling rvs, sometimes cell tower for Canada. We were paid per mile while pulling so it means no income after deliveries but it's okey....we are together...we are happy. We have to make both ends meet at the same time be contented with whatever we earn from our trips. I learn to be thrifty. Our pickup is like a mini pantry because i usually stock on food and powder drinks so we don't have to always buy at the travel centers or fuel stations. There are microwaves at our favorite filling stations. Going back after delivery is always the exciting part because for sure we will be stopping at either a national park or a lake or amusement center or anywhere that is interesting to us. My best friend is my camera though I am not a pro in photography. By the way, two big plastic boxes  are always with us, one contains two comforters and three pillows, the other box contains my portable sewing machine, a small serger, and my sewing stuff. Sewing is my hobby, learned it from my mom. Bragging aside, I can sew even the pick up is running. Hotels and inns are not in our vocabulary....we sleep in our pickup...it's our second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment